Friday, September 17, 2010

Fashion for Rent


Remember in the First Sex and the City movie when Carrie's assistant (Jennifer Hudson) had a rental Louis Vuitton purse because she couldn't afford the real deal? I thought nothing of it at the time, until yesterday when I was reading the Rachel Zoe Report and she mentioned a website called Rent the Runway where you can rent designer dresses and jewellery for as low as $50 (including shipping and handling) So I registered yesterday and I already found a beautiful purple grecian gown that I would love to wear for an upcoming work Black Tie event! 

While I was on the topic of renting designer outfits, I found a website called Bag, Borrow or Steal  that allows you to rent brand name handbags and sunglasses for a subsciption fee of $60.  But don't worry, this money goes towards your first bag rental.  I found a great red Chanel purse that I would love to rent for a month (you can rent by week, month or season).

So, if you love designer clothes but can't afford to purchase them or would like to remain uncommitted, then check out these great sites for your next fashionable event!

3 comments:

  1. I love this concept! I might just have to get myself an LC purse!

    ~Costelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm subscribed to their letters, though I've never tried their service before. I think it's a neat idea though because a lot of girls get tired of their bag easily! And so cool that you're from ottawa :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em that dress is beautiful!! - sis

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily