Thursday, February 3, 2011

{30x30 pt3} Cheap & Cheerful

Cheap and cheerful is a motto that my Mum lives by.  When she married my Step-Dad they made this motto their wedding theme by using the railway he works at as their venue and having guests contribute a dish instead of a present for the potluck dinner.  It was a lot of fun and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

When it comes to clothing- I tent to gravitate towards quantity vs. quality using the cheap & cheerful motto- if it's affordable and makes me happy- I buy it (and sometimes in bulk!) This is not to say that when I have the funds, I will buy myself a nice designer bag, it's just not important to me at this stage of my life.  Take this (more conservative) outfit- the blouse was on sale at Smart Set for $5 and the heels were only $20 at Hush Consignment Store.  Now that's what I call a cheap & cheerful fashion moment!





Skirt, Blouse & Sweater- Smart Set; Heels- Andrew Gellar from Hush; Jewelry- Gifted from my Mum



From afar these earrings look like cameos- but up close they're bad a$$ skulls!
Does anyone else find it hard to walk in pencil skirts? I find myself waddling like a penguin whenever I wear them!


14 comments:

  1. Ditto on the pecil skirt :) but your Moms wedding sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fellow canadian and 30x30 remixer. So glad I found your blog !!! Love the outfit.

    Come and check out mine and say hello !

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO i love the earing!!! ^^

    xoxo hitomineko xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your hair and outfit. The blue is popping on you. Did I mention that I'm adoring your new header?! Its great! I miss the tinfoil corset tho but you can always add pics on your side bar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm i would never know what it's like to walk in a pencil skirt! lol!!
    cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those earrings are very nice! I'm going to hush this sat to drop off a bunch of my clothes, I'm such a hoarder and they need to do this intervention on my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this outfit! Those earrings are pretty bada**. I think the trick with pencil skirts is to make sure the slit is high enough - without being too high. I'm also a really big fan of that necklace. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty, the blue is a great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree about walking in pencil skirts. Maybe I have a long stride but I always want to hike them up when I walk. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I look forward to your remixes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Melisssa, Babes in TL and Shannon- glad to know I'm not the only one with pencil skirt problems! @Marie-Eve, Hitomineko, elledee @derek- thanks! :) @Ashelle- I miss the tinfoil corset too but I needed a change (maybe you can help me figure out the side photos? ;) @PopChampagne- I'm steering clear of Hush because i will buy out the whole store- good luck on the intervention! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The earrings were a find at the Liverpool (Lancashire, UK) Maritime Museum and go very nicely with a pastel-hued scarfs with skulls as the mofif. Wearing these items are a socially acceptable way to be vent my spleen some mornings at the very early hour I have to get up at to go teach!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my you look great as both a blonde and a redhead! cute hair, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course I could help out. Let me know whenever you figure out what you want to do & if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI! I love your blog. I'm a new blogger here in Ottawa too. Check out my blog!

    http://derniercriottawa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily