Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another year older

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday and I am now another year older and another year wiser.  A lot has happened in the last year.  For one, I fell in love with the man of my dreams and he asked me (and the kitties) to move in with him.  I graduated university with my Bachelor of Social Work and got a job in the field.  I started my blog and made new friends.  Most importantly, I matured.  I won't be wearing a tiara or a sequined bra for my birthday this year and I won't be waking up in the morning with cryptic messages written on my arm, wondering where they came from.

Dress & Sweater- Smart Set; Heels- Primark, UK; Belt & Pleather Jacket- Thrifted; Necklace- Frash Femme (borrowed from Marilou)


No folks, to celebrate my 23rd birthday my main man and I dined at our favourite place Zen Kitchen (courtesy of my Dad and Step-Mom) and spent the evening catching up and relaxing.  In a few weeks time, my best friends and I are taking a road trip to Montreal for wining, dining, partying and shopping.

The beautiful bouquet my boy presented to me

My birthday card with gift choices.  For my birthday I asked for a Michael Kors bag but he wanted to do something more exciting so he offered me a trip to Hawaii or a mystery prize.  I felt like I was on The Price is Right, picking a showcase!  The choice was easy, HAWAII please!!! We are going in July after his work trip to San Diego and I can't wait to start planning fun activities to do together.  Now I just have to buy some new bathing suits and work on my beach bod! (He still won't tell me what the mystery prize was!)

My girly cake we were too stuffed to eat after our dinner.

It was finally warm enough to break out these new shoes I got over my holiday trip to the UK.

Flax bread and tomato paste.

Tortilla soup with avocado, cilantro and sour cream.

Corn patty with caramalized onions, roasted peppers, mushrooms and nut cheese.

Panko crusted pepper with mole sauce with a side of mango coleslaw.

Coconut sponge cake with poached pears in caramel sauce.

Purple clad couple.

Happy Birthday to all my fellow Aries!

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful birthday!!! And WOW Hawaii?? What an amazing surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, buddy. Enjoy your youth. You seem to be putting together all the right pieces for a happy life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a fabulous day! You look drop dead gorgeous. Those shoes are killer. I think the trip to Hawaii was probably the best choice. I know I would take it!
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Happy Birthday! I know what you mean, as I have matured in similar ways over the past couple of years. I just spent my 21st birthday with my family (and absolutely no alcohol). I remember when I was 19, I was planning my 21st in my mind and thinking about how crazy it was going to get (definitely with a tiara! Maybe a sparkly bra even!). Ha. It's weird how things change...but they've definitely been good changes, haven't they?

    I looooooove your birthday card, too...who could turn down a trip to Hawaii?!?! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Wow those shoes are amazing and such a sweet bday note! Hawaii was The Choice! I also want to know what the mystery gift was too lol. Have Fun!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Emily !!
    Great choice! what a cute gift!!
    thanks for the post on the demure blog! We are having a party this saturday, some of the blogger girls are coming , you should stop by :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! How exciting, Hawaii! Looks like you had a really nice celebration...and the celebrating isn't even over! Yay! Love those cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated birthday!
    Wow what a gift!!
    Can't believe you are only 3 years older than my son. If things don't work out with current BF, email me. LOL
    Hope this year brings you much joy and love.
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, you look soooo stunning bb!!!! Hope you have a great BD!!!! BEautiful dress and amazing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fabulous!!! Happy Birthday girl! The cake looks great! Have fun in Mtl. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. hawaii! oh man...fml. i am so jealous i could burst. being your friend is hurting my soul.

    -er

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday my dear, you look great. That food looks fabulous and it looks like you had a fab day.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday! I love the dress you are wearing and it looks like you had a great celebration :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily