Thursday, April 7, 2011

Diamond Dust





Sometimes we draw outfit inspiration from unlikely places.  This outfit was inspired by my new nail polish- Today was a Fairytale by Deborah Lippmann.  The sparkly grey-blue polish contains traces of virgin diamond dust which makes it oh so shimmery but oh so pricey.  A friend and I spoiled ourselves and spent Sunday morning eating brunch and nail polish shopping at Holt Renfrew.
I'm wearing a skirt from Gap which I bought on sale for only $13, a pair of turquoise heels that were $5 from Suzy Shier and this BCBCMAXAZRIA structured blazer that I picked up while thrifting in Nova Scotia for only $4!!! My sparkly nails cost more than my outfit but what's a nail polish addict to do?

Skirt- Gap; Blazer- BCBGMAXAZRIA; Dress (worn as a tank)- Sirens; Heels- Suzy Shier; Necklace- Gifted; Nail Polish- Today was a Fairytale by Deborah Lippmann

What item do you splurge on?

10 comments:

  1. Love your Skirt. My friend had a pet Pig that lived in her house.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loving the color of those heels. They're fierrrrrrce!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit. The shoes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I love me a good nailpolish. I've been seeing a lot of them lately with big chunky glittery pieces but I haven't bought any. Nail polish peels right off my nails, anyway. It makes me mad. I painted mine coral last night and it's all gone 12 hours later. Peeled off in the shower. Bah! How much was the nail polish you bought? I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is beautiful. I love your skirt and heels. Such pretty colors. And that nail polish is so prefect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute...love the shoes and the color combo

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt, and all the colors on your top. You nails are fab.u.lous! It's like they are another accessory.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a steal on those shoes! $5?! That's a price I'd love to pay for all the shoes I like. :) haha

    And er, that must've been one pricey nail polish. It's glam, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I want this nail polish!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your shoes! How did I not know that Suzy Shier sold shoes? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily