Friday, May 13, 2011

city slicker

I've always wanted to be a big city girl.  I grew up in a town called Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia (do any of you hockey fans know who Sidney Crosby is? We went to the same Junior High School and now our town's slogan is named after him).  It wasn't a small town, there were about 70K people in the surrounding vicinity but I always wished for more people and more excitement.  So when I turned 18 and graduated High School, I moved three provinces west to Canada's capital city, Ottawa, Ontario for University.  I'd never seen so many different cultures and ethnicities and I loved it! Ottawa is no NYC but it has decent shopping, a multitude of restaurants, great museums and 1 million residents (which to me is a zoo!) I hope to someday move to an even bigger city (the boy and I are in talks of moving to California in the next few years) but for now I'll just put on my aviators and walk around with a city slicker swagger ;)



My poor blistered and bandaged feet are in serious need of a pedi so I booked one for tomorrow!

Tee- Gap; Dress (worn as a skirt)- Dynamite; Heels- Spring; Necklace- The Bay; Bracelet- Street Vendor in Montreal, QC; Sunglasses- Aldo

P.S. Sorry everyone who previously commented on this post- blogger was doing maintenance and removed everyone's posts from Wed-onwards kind of annoying!

1 comment:

  1. I love this outfit!! Sooo pretty! I just found your blog, I am now following. Check out mine if you get a chance :)

    XX
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily