Tuesday, May 10, 2011

fun with florals

I finally decided to jump on the fashion blogger band wagon and participate in Everybody, Everwear's monthly clothing challenge.  Today the theme is floral prints of which I have no shortage! Because the weather was so nice I decided to wear one of my favourite dresses that I bought a few summers ago at a great local boutique called Frou Frou.  Since I spend my days in an air conditioned office, I threw on my high collared brown blazer for good measure.  Today's photos were shot at sporadic locations on our neighbourhood walk and out of 34 photos, these were the only ones I dared post (I blame it on the amateur photographer and not my skilled modeling poses- ha!)  Hmm perhaps I should save the rejects for an outtake post like Ashley of 2 Eyes in a Mirror did...







Dress- Frou Frou (Ottawa) ; Blazer- Thrifted; Wedges- Marks & Spencer (UK); Jewellery- The Bay

Florals | Everybody, Everywear

20 comments:

  1. super cute dress
    did EBEW myself today
    btw I mailed your bag to you today
    sorry so dang late.
    I am also so up for the GAP dress post
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so adorable...and that color looks great on you. I love how you paired it with the jacket, too :) I run into the same problem, dressing for outside temperatures of 90+ degrees, only to be stuck in a freezing cold office, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really lovely floral print - and I love the length on it!


    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your florals! Sadly...florals are totally lacking from my closet at the present moment...I need to change that! :)

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful dress...love the pattern and colors.

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how that colour pops against your strawberry blond hair! And the dress goes so well with wedges. Way to go on the EE challenge. I did it too :)

    http://asecondglanceblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour of the dress! ps can you help me...how do I get the EBEW badge to by right under the post? I am technologically UNSAVVY :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is really pretty on you. I have an obscene amount of reject photos.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty girl in a very pretty dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you participated in EBEW! that is a great green floral dress. green looks so good on you!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute dress! you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love this floral dress..
    The cut suits you like a glove
    lee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is stunning! The length is so demure and feminine. You look beautiful!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super Cute Outfit.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing in green!

    xoShelly
    www.gslillian.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi - it's Alison from England (you entertained my kids at Christmas in Colchester). I found your blog from your mum's - I love it (and hers too, but she doesn't post often enough - what IS she up to, renovating a house or something?!)

    Cool outfits, give your mum my love - I really miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty dress! It looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily