Saturday, May 7, 2011

playing in the barren fields

Today felt like summer with the sunny skies and spring weather so I decided to wear my new yellow pants from the Gap that I bought on final clearance for only $15! The colour of these pants kept me smiling all day, even when the weather turned chilly and the sun disappeared.  My local Gap was having major savings this weekend so I gave my credit card a pep talk and off to the shops we went.  I was very happy with the deals- I got this pair of pants, a pair of denim shorts, 2 dresses (sorry dress ban!), 2 pairs of tights, 1 vest, 1 blouse and 2 dress shirts for the boy for just over $100 with taxes! As someone who loves thrifting and finding a good deal, I was thrilled to buy so much for so little. After my mini shopping spree, I watched the play Hamlet, thanks to Twenty York Street and Pink Beautiful Love's giveaway.  Think Shakespeare in 2011- funky clothing, modern music and high tech equipment- I loved it! Then it was off to my 13 year old niece's birthday party for icecream cake, gossiping and a dose of family dysfunction.






Pants- Gap; Blouse & Shoes- Thrifted; Necklace- The Bay; Hair Clip- Made by Ash

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a practically perfect day! You look adorable too!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super ADORABLE! I love those pants girl! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear you had an awesome day. And I love that clip in your hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day! You look so sweet! Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute...i really love that necklace.

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those yellow pants - I need to get some colored pants into my wardrobe asap!


    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for cheap clothes!! Hehe- don't you love great deals?? Especially on clothes ;D

    Very cute outfit! <3 I love the "barren field" background, & the blouse is adorable!
    xoxo
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for awesome days! And yay for really pretty printed blouses. I love great graphic black and white prints. They're so easy to mix into any outfit and give things some instant oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit, especially the colour of those trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit, the hair clip and necklace are the perfect touches.

    http://asecondglanceblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay, i seriously own this shirt in green!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily