Tuesday, May 3, 2011

skincare & socializing

I had the opportunity to attend a blogger event tonight at Thann hosted by Blackbook Lifestyle (where my lovely friend Julia interns).  It was such a fun night complete with my favourite food (sushi and cupcakes); girly cocktails and free skincare treatments.  I love going to these events because of the great networking that goes on.  I invited my friend and fellow Ottawa Fashion Week intern, Amoi and we met some new faces to the blogosphere including Kat, A Fine Balance , Grace and Judy.

I wore my beloved leopard print skirt I bought at Bettie Page in San Diego (worn here, here and here) and added bright blue heels (purchased for $2 at a garage sale), one of my favourite jackets and a striped blouse for a pop of colour and pattern.  I tend to over accessorize so tonight I didn't wear any jewellery and let the clothes speak for themselves!  
 

The always stylish Amoi and I

Julia is always sweet and crouches down to my level :)

Thann specializes in all natural and organic skin care products (the lemon grass scent is incredible!)

The fabulous goodie bag

Blouse, Jacket & Heels- Thrifted; Skirt- Bettie Page

14 comments:

  1. Awe. I'm sad to have missed out. Looks like a wonderful event! You look beautiful. Love the different patterns and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun, and I love your outfit (such a retro 50s vibe), especially the blue heels!!

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very nice to talk to you girls - and indeed it was a fun night, and I love the goodies, can't wait to try them out!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit - if it involves leopard print I am totally on board!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn it, wish i wasn't working! Looks like so much fun, man i missed out on the sushi & cocktails :(. Your shoes 2$?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out and for adding me! It was so great meeting you last night and I can't wait to read more on your blog (I added you too). No way you got those shoes for $2 - love love!
    - Kat

    http://asecondglanceblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun! I am super jealous of your blogger's night out. I wish my area would do more of these events.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! Love your oufit and the shoes really pop

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt with your blue heels. Looks like an awesome event.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the blue heels with that skirt and you had me at cupcakes and sushi. Oh i would be in heaven

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO great to meet you! Looking forward to the clothing swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone looks so wonderful. Your skirt is beautiful. And it sounds like a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds fabulous! I wish I could`ve gone!! I am hoping to go to the next blogger event if there is one, it is so great to meet fellow Ottawa bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily