Tuesday, July 5, 2011

i'm a big kid now

Tee- GAP (remixed like this and this); Skirt- GAP (remixed like this); Shoes- Fergalicious by Fergie; Earrings- Betsey Johnson (worn like this); Headband- Goodie
I mentioned a few months ago that I had been accepted to complete my Masters of Social Work degree at my alumnus University.  However it didn't feel real until today when I registered for my graduate classes.  Research & Evaluation, Advanced Theory of Social Administration & Policy and Women & Social Policy are just a few of my courses and I am nervous yet excited to start this new chapter in my life.  The Master's program is only a year and my scholarship covers half of the tuition so this was one opportunity I just couldn't pass up.  In two months I'll be a 'graduate student'- I just love how that sounds!



This is pretty much how I dressed while in University while I was in my undergraduate studies so I plan on staying fashionably conscious for my Masters as well! Nothing like a great pair of heels and a cute outfit to keep you looking studious!

Dress (worn as a top)- Topshop (remixed like this and this); Trousers- Thrifted (remixed like this); Sandals- Old Navy; Earrings- Homemade by my Mum; Nail Polish- Polished by Revlon





22 comments:

  1. I looooove that skirt! And pockets? Fabulous. :) I'm so excited for you with school! You're going to be GREAT!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting your Masters! I agree, for me it didn't feel real until I registered for courses.

    Love your outfits here, especially the first one with that pretty skirt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I LOVE that skirt! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love outfit 20 and congrats

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. #21 is ahhhhmazing. I love it. The hair really makes it great. You remind me of Baby in Dirty Dancing. But with a better nose, of course. <3

    Congrats on starting your graduate program soon! I hear ya...I just started my graduate classes last month and I love being able to say I'm Ashley, the grad student. It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, I adore that skirt - pockets!!!! And, second, welcome to the glamorous life of a grad student...seriously, it's a good time.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both outfits and both hairstyles. Tres chic!

    Congrats on grad school. That's very exciting. And sooner or later, you will be coming here? Isn't that what you said once before or am I just being hopeful?

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the grad school thing!
    i am impressed that you actually dressed up for class
    where son1 goes to school i am impressed if the girls made it out of pajama pants and into sweat pants. lol
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. first of all... your working out is TOTALLY paying off.. you really look slim and toned.

    LOVE the first outfit!!! the hair in the second... very cute... but did you actually wear it like that?? or was it just for the pics. i concerned... hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love that skirt. It's as unusual and attractive as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both outfits are so cute. Love the hair in the second pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on going back, and that's is amazing you will be graduate student that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww congratulations!!! This really is an incredible opportunity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fab patterned skirt, and congrats on almost being done with school!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are both great outfits. love the seer-sucker pants and that GAP skirt is gorgeous! congrats on becoming a grad student. that's so exciting!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emily, I am SO proud of you for accepting the offer to get your Master's! It's an awesome opportunity and you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic pictures! Love your new style, very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! I absolutely loved being a grad student, good luck!

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woot woot that is awesome I am so happy for you. You are a big girl now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! COngrats on your masters hun! That's HUGE! Your classes sound amazing!

    And you look completely adorable in that second look :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So proud of you, Em! Almost having a motherly misty moment!!! You look fab, and the earrings look good, too!

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily