Friday, July 22, 2011

vacay mode

Pants- Ricki's; Blouse- Banana Republic (Gifted from ML); Necklace- Thrifted; Heels- Walmart; Purse- Aldo
I checked out mentally at around 11 a.m. this morning because I'm already in vacation mode! So I did what any slacker would do and went to the gym, ate lunch and left the office by 1 p.m (I just couldn't put my heart into writing work e-mails!)  I leave tomorrow morning for San Diego and I still have to clean the apartment (because there's nothing worse than coming back from a relaxing trip to a mess!), do laundry and well there's that whole issue of packing.  I'm an awful packer- I bring way too many clothes and end up buying new outfits when I'm there, leaving very little suitcase space for error.  This time I am going to try and pack as light as I can with cute skirts, fun accessories and breezy tops for San Diego and bikinis, dresses and sun hats for Hawaii. 


I absolutely love this necklace I bought at a local consignment shop, Rikochet Resale
It's not farewell just yet- since my man is in work conferences when we're in San Diego and relaxation is not my strong point, I plan on doing some blogging next week from the comfort of the Hilton!

17 comments:

  1. You look lovely as always! I hope you have a great vacation - I'm jealous need to get away again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT outfit! That necklace is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful necklace! Love the outfit. Wishing a great time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please blog from my lovely state of California. Too bad you aren't closer to me. We could go shopping and have lunch while your man is in his meetings.

    Have a wonderful vacay!

    xoxo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip! I totally love that grey top on you, it looks amazing with your hair.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely! Have fun!!



    Enter my current giveaway!
    http://joie-de-vie-blog.blogspot.com/2011/07/mossy-rock-designs-aceo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love your necklace!!!! It's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your vacation & post your holiday outfits soon! I agree that necklace is soooo gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how in the absence of color your necklace and bag pop. And that necklace truly is a gem. Plus I like the flowy top. (: And I totally cannot blame you for not focusing at the office, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vacation at last!! Have all the fun in the world dear Em! Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That grey top is amazing! I love this look from head to toe. Have a great vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take me with youuuuuu!!!!
    I am the same way when it comes to packing. I pack way too much. I always end up buying new stuff. Then, I have a hell of a time trying to get everything home in the same suitcase. Usually, I end up buying another suitcase while on vacation.
    ... I think that is a disease.
    Have fun on vacay!!!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a great vacation! I too can't stand the idea of coming home to a messy house, pre trip cleaning is always mandatory!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  14. have a great vacation! You look fab, i can't wait to see your photos! Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the vacay! Loving the grey and white mix. Looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that necklace!! It's so unbelievably perfect!

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily