Wednesday, August 17, 2011

blue heels & the green door

Skirt- Thrifted (worn like this and this); Vest- GAP (worn like this) Tank, Belt & Heels- Thrifted; Bracelets- Macy's; Nail Polish- Baby Blue by Nicole by OPI
As a fashion blogger, there's nothing better than an impromptu photo shoot in the most unlikely of places- like in my condo's creepy basement.  My 'photographer' doesn't like to travel far so sometimes the only way I'll get those precious pics is if I incorporate them into chores- like bringing the suitcases and cat carriers back down into our storage locker.


I loved the pattern of this GAP vest so much, I bought the matching dress! Over the past few months, I've noticed that my outfit choices are much more daring, mixing colour, patterns and textures in a way I wouldn't have previously thought of.  Recently getting dressed has felt like an art form and I try to choose my outfits the night before to avoid the morning rush.  These bright blue heels that I bought for $2 at a garage sale are one of my favourite ways to brighten up any outfit and this thrifted skirt is a great piece to take from career to cocktails.



It's like the scene in a horror movie right before the masked machete wielding maniac rounds the corner...



19 comments:

  1. Cute outfit and I love your new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that I am only just now noticing your new layout? I really like it! It looks great!

    Also fabulous is that vest, I love the print and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be a creepy basement but that green door is the perfect backdrop for this colorful outfit. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shoes and that one green colored door! How exquisite!

    xo
    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that pattern is awesome - so pretty!!!!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit! The patterns and colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee! I know what you mean. 90% of my photo shoots take place on my back patio. Your blue shoes are awesome. Let's hope you can run in them in case there really is a maniac lurking down there!

    BTW, your blog redesign is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely know how to make it work! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very daring combination! And the outcome is a very very cute girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, fab blue heels! They look brand new, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing the evolution of your style and I'm definitely inspired by the colours you manage to so successfully pull off. Those bracelets are awesome! I love that the stones are different shapes.

    Anyways, it's nice to know I have a job offer should I ever get myself fired, haha. But seriously, I think a late fall clothes swap/potluck is in order with some (veget) snackies! I'm happy to host just super tied-up in Sept/Oct. Thoughts???

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one green door and girl you are rocking those blue heels! I love the detailing in the blouse and the bracelet. I think that’s what ties everything together

    ReplyDelete
  13. I REALLY like all the colour combinations together. great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. laughing at your horror scence pic!
    love that vest and the colors of your outfit look so much more vibrant on the green door
    crazy that a basement door would be that bright green...
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is definitely a green door. Your blue shoes are wonderful and I love the point. Pointy toes are my favorites. I've done the same thing...picking more colors, more interesting combinations, but I need to be more organized like you and lay my picks out the night before. This outfit mix is great. Funny post...love the horror movie reference. Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just painted toes the same pale blue as your nails...thanks for the polish! Love the outfit and the setting for this series of photos. Nova Scotia eagerly awaits your arrival...Aunt Marg wants you to come for Thanksgiving...we are having the BIG FAMILY DINNER once again! Sorry...got off the fashion topic there a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your condo's basement looks exactly like my old apartment's basement, sans green door. LOVE your blue shoes and that vest is so cool, glad you bought the matching dress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous vest. I love the saturated colors.

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily