Monday, August 22, 2011

inspiration monday-short shorts and shine

Blouse- Thrifted; Tank Top- Smart Set; Shorts- Old Navy; Shoes- Charlotte Russe; Necklace- The Bay; Purse (used as a clutch)- Aldo; Nail Polish- Violet by Revlon

This is my first time linking up to Inspiration Monday over at two birds, where they post a weekly picture of a celebrity and our job is to re-create the look from our wardrobe.  Today's inspiration is Olivia Palermo, fashionista and villain extraordinaire from the reality shows The City.  She is one of my celeb style icons and I absolutely love her colourful, patterned blazer and bejewelled shorts.  Taking a quick scan of my blazers, I noticed that they are all neutrals (note to self: must buy a fun blazer) so I decided to swap for a patterned blouse, black short shorts (so short they are never worn outside the house for fear of ) and I wore my sequined Charlotte Russe booties for some shine.  

Add a conniving smirk, toothpick legs and wads of cash and I could basically be Olivia's twin!

22 comments:

  1. freakin' fabulous girl!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you wore a blouse instead of a blazer. it looks really cute. and i wish i could see your shoes better because sequin booties sounds like something i might need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you look great. i love the blouse and how great is that necklace!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blouse as a blazer and the sleeve details on the blouse are fab!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a great job. love the detail on the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, love this outfit on you. Simple and sophisticated. Great job and I did not realize that this was your first time with Insp. Monday! So glad to have you join in on the fashion fun. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you pulled this together - that clutch is awesome!


    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay. You are cute. Great inspiration. And I think I like your outfit more than hers because you are actually a real person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did such a good take on her outfit. Your blouse is just lovely as well :-).

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! You pulled this outfit off perfectly, your look is so similar. Great post!

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do resemble her, but (as Ashley said) you're a real person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you HAVE toothpick legs, love your look, very similar to the inspiration outfit! thank you for letting me know what olivia actually does~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pattern on your blouse. This sounds fun, I'm going to have to try it out...btw you look great!

    erica
    seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see the resemblance, job well done ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, if I had those legs those shorts would be worn everywhere! Great job on the look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great legs... you rock the look, girl. I like the shirt and sequined shoes. The bauble necklace is really cute too.

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you nailed this - you could totally be twins. i love the studded clutch!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look better than she does. I love that you chose a shirt instead of a blazer. The fabric flows better and it really mimics the blazer well.

    xoxo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I too have few bright blazers so I love that you chose to wear the blouse as a jacket - very creative.
    love
    Lori xo
    http://loriswardrobeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooh that's good! LOVE the clutch x

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily