Friday, August 26, 2011

wrinkly woes

Pants- GAP (thrifted); Top- Banana Republic (gifted) ; Heels, Sunglasses & Purse- Aldo; Headband- Goody; Necklace- Gifted
Because sometimes a gal doesn't feel like ironing! This beautiful silk top was gifted to me by my fashionable friend ML of Twenty York Street and I wanted to get some wear out of it before the Labour Day ban on white (which I tend to ignore by the way!) My iron is old and rusty so I didn't want to risk staining the top so went with the wrinkly look, hoping that it looked like the style of the shirt (did it work?) I paired the top with my favourite pair of GAP pants that I thrifted for $5.99.  I love their wide legs and subtle pin stripes (which in photos look like a psychodelic 70s pattern but I can ensure you that they are not!) I added yellow and gold accessories for just a hint of colour.  It feels like the last few days of summer are upon us so I plan on squeezing as much whites, brights and lights into my wardrobe as I can over the next few weeks!

Jewellery (L-R): Aldo; Gifted; A SweeT Boutique (snake) & Fossil (watch)

What's with the pigtails you might ask? Well this my friends is my 'just got back from sweating at the gym and haven't taken a shower look'...charming I know (but c'mon we've all been there!)

My favourite thing about the top is the feminine detailing on the back. 
This outfit reminds me of this look I wore during the summer edition of 30x30. 

Here's to a fabulous weekend! Tonight I'm off to Ariana Assadi's Beauty Gala and will live tweeting from my personal account @tinfoilstiaras !

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that detailing on the back!

    I'm on my way over to lend you my dress for tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous top and a great gift! The back detail is so unexpected.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable! I loved the wrinkled silk top. Are the pants pinstriped? Maybe it's the camera, but the pattern looks a little trippy. I like them. :)
    Also following on bloglovin! Thank you. :)

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does look like a crinkle top and not just wrinkled. I love it like that.

    I bought a steamer last year and I love love love it. I got this one http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17722107 and I love it. Way better than ironing.

    You look super cute. Love the pants as well.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have these same pants! I thrifted mine too :-)

    Love your top and how you paired it with the yellow shoes!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would have thought your top was supposed to be wrinkled! it's a beautiful feminine piece and i love the detailing on the upper back. i don't even own an iron! i use a travel size steamer to get the worst wrinkles out and just wear everything a little unperfect, i like it that way

    thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hold onto summer as long as you can--it's not fall yet, dagnabbit!

    I have pinstripes that photograph wonky too. I love the yellow shoes. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pigtails and yellow shoes. I know what you mean about stripes looking 3d. What is up with that? Anyway, adorable outfit. Have a fun weekend! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the seersucker thrifted gap pants! very cute. and you have the best accessories!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top is super cute. It winkle doesn't look bad at all.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great top! Love your fabulous accessories, too! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily