Monday, October 3, 2011

inspiration monday- lunching lady

Pants- Ricki's (Thrifted-$8); Blazer- BCBG Max Azria (Thrifted for $5!); Scarf- Adrienne Vittadini (Thrifted- $2); Shoes- Charlotte Russe; Purse- Aldo; Nail Polish- Gold Coin by Revlon
It's Inspiration Monday over at two birds and this week we had a choice between three stylish ladies! I'm not a decisive person so after hemming and hawing for a while, I finally decided on Cat's chic travel look.  Although I wasn't travelling, I was lunching so no better excuse to wear a fun scarf and fitted blazer! I wore this outfit on Friday when it was still warm enough out to show my toes and I'm glad I squeezed into these shoes one last time because now it's cold and dreary in Ottawa and my boots are going to be making appearances very shortly!
Inspiration: So You Think You Can Dance host Cat Deeley

This leopard print bag (bought a few years ago) has become my go to purse for fall.

I bought these shoes for $10 at Charlotte Russe last year on my trip to Santa Monica. 

My nails are getting long- vampy pole dancer long but we all need a little vixen sometimes!
I love the polka dotted pattern of this BCBG Max Azria blazer I picked up thrifting for only $5!

Oversized jewel toned scarves are perfect for fall and can be worn many different ways.

My hair is usually pin straight and boring so recently I've been adding some gel after showering for a quick and easy curl!




Here's my promised video (in all its cut off head glory)- linking up to ColourBlind's Thrifters Anonymous post (warning: this video is rampant with mad cat, sick sniffles and awkward shots of cleavage- thought you should be pre-warned!) And unless you have 16 minutes of free time to hear me ramble away about my recent thrifted goods, you may want the Cole's notes version- just a suggestion! ;) If you do find time to watch it all, kudos you have now been exposed to the eccentricities of Emily!

Thrifters Anonymous

30 comments:

  1. This outfit is really great. I love all of it. But that scarf is really my favorite piece. I'm really blown away by your ability to find such great things at the thrift store.

    Great video. I'm sorry it cut off your head. So funny but it was still really good.

    I'm doing the remix for Kat too. Can't wait to see yours.

    xoxo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha!!! I'm so glad you posted this video. I was giggling the whole time. This makes me love your blog even more. Thanks for being so genuine. :) I'm in love with your misbehaving cat.

    As a fellow vegan, you have my permission to buy whatever you want, even leather vests. No judgements. I still have some old wool sweaters I haven't gotten rid of yet. If you're still feeling conflicted, just donate the same amount of money to an animal charity or shelter. Karma problem solved.

    I love getting new workout clothes too, and your Adidas (ah-dee-dahs) items are super cute. Great job thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scarf. It contrast your shirt and jacket perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great video, cleavage and all! Your kitty was so naughty, but quite entertaining also! Love it!

    The scarf is so fabulous! What a score on the blazer too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit. The scarf is beautiful and I love the gold nail polish too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your take on this look--the colorful scarf makes it even better than the original! And your nails look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a Beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so sophisticated! And I can't wait to watch the video...you make it sound amazingly awkward!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove this outfit!! Especially that bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing what a scarf can do? You look beautiful!
    Check out the new link...........It's all about boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you're wearing that big scarf- so effortless!! It's so great how a colorful scarf can totally transform an outfit. I am officially inspired!
    Thanks for visiting Lifestyled.
    Warmly,

    Faerl Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! You have a great knack for taking inspiration and making the outfit entirely your own. I have to say that the scarf is my favorite part of the whole outfit. It's a great vocal point against the purple and gray hues of the outfit. Oh so pretty! I also love the shoes!

    Callie @ Unladylikeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree..the scarf is kind of amazing. You video cracked me up. I also don't eat meat because of animal cruelty, but have not been able to give up leather...

    xoShelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I can't see your face but you have an adorable personality. I watched the entire video. You are funny and honest! I have a similar cat. Loved this! Awesome finds. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That scarf is so ridiculous and I love those shoes too!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. although I couldn't see your face I really enjoyed the video and I must say I also enjoyed listening to your clear English :) and your cat is hilarious :D well, and I'm also absolutely into thrifting!
    now about your outfit: my favourite items are your scarf and definitely those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the shoes, the scarf, the blazer, your nails...so what i am saying is that you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute look. Great video. Let us know if the hole pucker works on the belt. I use a knife to make hole in belts too.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the bright scarf. So very pretty. Your take on her look is fantastic.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't believe you got that blazer for only $5!! I think you pulled of Cat Deeley's look perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. $5 for that blazer? Lucky you! You look fabulous girl, always thrifty but never a dull moment, that scarf adds pizzaz, so colorful and chic on you. The leopard bag is cute and adorable! Have a fabulous week sassy girl!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. love love love the scarf and the way you wrapped it
    sad your head was cut off, you will have to do another vid soon
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, where to start?! LOVE your nail polish and the fact you referenced and showed it so nicely. Also love your entire look, particularly the blazer and scarf--fitted blazer with a cute scarf, always a great, chic look. Also love the shoes and bag too...I've also pulled out a leopard print for the fall. Ottawa! Wow, I'm sure you do get good use out of your boots:-))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow $5 blazer and a brand name one too. I need to shop at better thrift stores lol. : ) You look lovely!

    www.mrschong.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very sophisticated and chic. I love a good thrifter! Scarves are definitely a part of my wardrobe that I want to increase. It looks fabulous on you. And laughed at the nails comment. Will watch the video after I get some sleep. I love a good haul video.

    ReplyDelete
  26. perfect interpretation of the inspiration monday outfit, love the colors of the scarf

    ReplyDelete
  27. You really catched the atmosphere of Cat's outfit! Very VERY nice shoes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the print on that scarf.

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily