Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wu-ing us with style


Last week I had the privilege of attending the Signatures Show  to view Adrian Wu's holiday collection.  The venue was perfect-Ottawa's new Convention Centre-an architecturally stunning glass bee comb which overlooks the city.  Excitement was palpable as the trance-like music began and the models stepped out, wearing sky high shoes and futuristic foam headpieces.  The dresses and the styling were out of this world (pun intended) and would be a perfect addition to any fashionista's holiday wish list! My favourite outfit was the one-shoulder silver and white maxi dress (third from the right in the above photo) which I could envision wearing to a cocktail party or New Year's Eve soiree (except I'd probably substitute the braided foam for an elegant fascinator!)



My good friend (and fellow thrifting/vintage lover) Kelly

 Local fashionista Petite Adventures (don't you love her star patterned dress?!) and myself.


{Photos c/o the lovely Amoi who I previously interned with for Ottawa Fashion Week}

Speaking of Amoi here we are! {My outfit: Dress-Frou Frou; Heels & Necklace-Thrifted}

{Thanks again to Knock on Wood Communications for the opportunity to attend this fabulous event!}

14 comments:

  1. what an interesting fashion show, I love the collection, very futuristic and unconventional. I like the platforms and headpieces, really stunning designs. You look feminine and classy, I like your vintage style pleated skirt.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool style. You look cute and your friends look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Love the colour of your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those platform shoes look killer but then so do the models

    and I have to agree with Petite Adventures your skirt colour is fabulous1

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky ducky! I totally love that dress too, but I like the grey-blue ones better (as in the last one on the right of the first pic is my fave!) :)

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun! Their shoes are amazing but those headpieces... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool show to attend
    those shoes are ridiculous!
    hope you got some good swag
    brett

    elegantees giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love what you wore to the event. purple and black looks so vibrant on you!

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so brilliant! Absolutely love commmentary from bloggers about designers' work ^_^ This is a very qiote sophisticated collection with a little bit of 'quirk' thrown into the mix. That two-tone panelling is beautiful ^_^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! This looked like such a great show to go to. The clothing looks fantastic.Very futuristic!....kinda thinking McQueen but way simpler

    -Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! Those shoes are killing me. I applaud them for walking in them. That truly amazes me. What a wonderful event. I loved the styles! You and your friends look adorable. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. :D

    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an elegant show! and I think your dress (especially the lower part) looks simply fabulous ;) oh, and the star patterned dress looks awesome too!

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing event--it looks like you had a great time! And I love that purple pleated skirt!

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily