Monday, April 2, 2012

weekend wear

This weekend was a nice balance of work and play, I spent time with friends, indulged in some fashion and enjoyed some down-time which was a much appreciated rarity.
Dress- Marshalls; Jacket & Shoes- Gifted; Hosiery- Betsey Johnson; Purse & Necklace- Thrifted
On Friday night I was invited to attend a Pre-Junos cocktail party hosted by RW&CO.  The event took place in a penthouse suite (used for outfitting celebrities such as Simple Plan, Sam Roberts & Down with Webster) at the Westin Ottawa, (one of the city's swankiest hotels) and guests were treated to elegant hors d'oeuvres, fruity cocktails and were able to preview RW&CO's new spring/summer collection.
The RW&CO mannequins have the best seats in the house- looking out at our Parliament buildings.
A new thrifted purse from Goodwill (only $5) and my bag of RW&CO goodies (I managed to buy 8 necklaces with my $25 gift card!)

Skirt, Top, Blazer & Scarf- Thrifted; Hosiery- Lilac Lingerie; Ring- H&M; Shoes- Charlotte Russe

This is what I wore to work on Saturday for a makeup program soft launch (isn't my job fun!) It's still quite brisk in Ottawa so pantyhose and layers are a must! I'm linking up this outfit to Inspiration Monday, mine being the Canuck cold weather version!


Tutu- Winners; Sparkly Vest- Vintage; Necklace & Bracelets- Sears; Boots- Aldo
I don't like to make a big deal of my Birthday (which was March 22nd) and usually don't have a party but this year my best friend decided to host a soiree for me on Saturday night and it was a fun, intimate evening with 10 friends, lots of candy, sushi, homemade vegan cupcakes and dancing (actually that was just me Zumba dancing in the living room after a few cocktails!) Plus it gave me an excuse to wear my black tutu, sparkly vintage vest and thigh high boots for a look that screamed showgirl!



And then on Sunday I cleaned, did laundry and organized my house which can be quite the relaxing activity when you have nothing else planned! I wore my pjs all day and ate left-over B-day cupcakes for breakfast- now that's what I call a food day!

xa8wZ4 on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
How was your weekend?

28 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Love the first outfit!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been one busy blogger lately! Really adore the first outfit - that purple dress is the most beautiful color! And I hope you enjoyed your birthday. You ladies look like you had a lot of fun! Glad it was a good weekend!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful clothes! And a nice party. Sounds like your life is going just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the outfits, but the second one is my favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Emily! I will never forget it because it is on my wedding anniversary! I love all of the looks. The tweed jacket is great. I also love the bohemian look and your sequin birthday vest.

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. we got to see 3 outfits in 1 post, :). em, looks like a fun birthday march 22! sounds like you had a busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday! I love all these looks - the bag from the first is awesome, love the scarf and how you wore it in the second and the entire third look is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable in all your outfits and what a great birthday party! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a wonderful weekend--your party sounds like such a fun time! My sister and law and my 7 month old niece came into town this weekend, so it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple is an amazingly pretty color on you. I love your Saturday work outfit, too-- the colors! Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your minty nails! i'm also loving the design on your scarf. hope you had a wonderful birthday...happy belated!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  12. your b'day outfit was a true stunner ;) btw, I agree when it comes to cleaning. sometimes it's just kind of relaxing to clean your home and enjoy the results afterwards. a tidy house is always the best one :P

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are the chances? Lol we have the.same birthday !! Same as Elvis Stojko and Reeese Witherspoon! Love the red tights btw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl that last outfit is Vegas showgirl hot. Really enjoyed the gif. You look fantastic. Your girls are awesome to have done this for you. Only 24...omg! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, love your showgirl outfit...it's always fun to have an excuse to dress out of your comfort zone!!! And it sounds like your bday was super delightful, which makes me happy for you :) LOVE your tights in both of the other outfits, the textures are so much fun and provide great detail. Plus those brown heels are killer!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha, Emily, you're so cute!! I love your smokin' hot showgirl outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you had a smashing weekend! and belated Happy birthday, gorgeous gal! I love you in purple. Also, I can't believe you got that purse for $5! that is a gorgeous gorgeous find!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a pretty stellar weekend! Your birthday outfit is fun and festive. I'm impressed you managed to combine over-the-knee boots with sparkles and a tutu and look with gusto. Just one of those on its own would be tricky to pull off. And GREAT deal on that Goodwill purse! (PS Is Goodwill the same as Salvation Army? That's what comes up in google when I type it in)

    ReplyDelete
  19. look at you, you little hottie on your birthday (happy belated birthday, by the way)! i love all of your outfits, the purple tights, the tutu and vest and that cream skirt...all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday to you! I love that you were zumba dancing after a few cocktails. :) I usuallly make everyone karaoke on the Wii.

    I love all your outfits. It's so fun to see how you incorporate all your awesome thrifted finds.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday! I want a cocktail glass full of candy! It looks like you had a great party. Those thigh-high boots are killer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My kind of showgirl! I mean, I would wear that...awkward. Anyway, you look like you're having so much fun. Love your inspiration Monday too:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow...great party Happy belated birthday!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay, birthday gif! You look so pretty in all these outfits, honey.

    I'm going to make that salad this week. Thanks for the recipe. Veggie Power!

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  25. love how you animated this picture! so cool : )

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    sidesmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily