Wednesday, May 23, 2012

consignment

Dress & Ring- AMH Style; Shoes- Rikochet Resale; Jean Jacket, Clutch & Belt- Thrifted; Necklace- RW&CO; Brooch-Vintage
 Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments on yesterday's homeowner post- it's a very exciting stage of life but also quite overwhelming and it's going to be a hectic summer (we still need to sell our condo before we move into the house!)

House issues aside, let's talk fashion.  Y'all know I'm a thriftaholic but did you know my second love is consignment shopping? I love how it allows you to be a sustainable shopper by purchasing high quality, modern pieces for a fraction of the retail price (I even styled a photoshoot, and acted as an impromptu model using consigned clothing!) I picked up this fun purple snakeskin dress for less than $15 last week and these silver sandals for only $10 a couple of summers ago at local consignment shops. 

In between cleaning, packing and purging, my man and I squeezed in a dinner & movie date night this past weekend and this is what I wore.  I'm someone who likes to dress up for the movies, even if it's just to see The Avengers (I finally understand the allure of Robert Downey Jr!)

Do you prefer consignment shopping, thrifting or buying retail?

 {Exactly a year ago today, I also wore a snakeskin printed dress. Source}

9 comments:

  1. Thrifting is such an amazing thing. It always feels like such a treasure hunt. This dress was a wonderful find. The color and print are so fun! I bet you couldn't find another thing like it. Pairing it with the jean jacket was a great idea. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooo look at you in that purple snakeskin print dress! i like the one from a year ago too. i'm definitely a thrifting queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge thrifter! I probably wear more thrifted than new items. They always look great and last forever :) Love how you paired the bright belt with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrifting ;D
    Beautiful outfit, especially the dress, and the neckless :)
    You have a lovely blog, maybe you want to follow each other, on GFC and bloglovin? I'll follow you back for sure :)

    Have a great day!

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



    ReplyDelete
  5. I love consignment shopping too - there's a shop near me that offers cash on the spot too, instead of waiting until the item sells, which I think is nice. I've gotten some really nice clothes for work there.

    This dress is beautiful! I hope you sell your condo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a couple consignment shops in my neighborhood that I love. But other ones just seem a little... full of themselves. Either way I prefer it to regular retail stores.
    This little dress is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress! Great finds from the consignment shop. Personally I prefer retail. I'm not really a huge fan of the "treasure hunting" involved in thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buys! Consignment and thrifting are my preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally dress up for movie-watching! You know I do, Emily! :) I really actually love consignment and vintage shopping more than thrifting. But I don't have a lot of consignment or vintage shops close to where I live.

    Love that dress! It's PURPLE and SNAKESKIN PRINT! What's not to love?

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily