Saturday, May 12, 2012

sock it to ya pt2

Blazer- Marshalls (worn like this); Skirt- Forever 21 (worn like this); Blouse & Shoes- Thrifted; Socks- Gap; Backpack & Spoon Necklace- Vintage; Bracelet- Gifted; Nail Polish- Coral me Wild by Revlon

Last week I wore a sock on my head, this week I'm wearing socks with...sandals? (insert gasp here).  Yes it's true, I'm committing what I always thought to be a fashion faux pas and the best part is I bought these floral patterned trouser socks at the Gap, specifically for the purpose of wearing them with sandals!  I think it's important I make a clear distinction here between what is acceptable in the world of socks and sandals. Canadian hockey socks and birkenstocks? Not unless you plan on attending a granola ice skating party! Delicate patterned socks and elegant heels? Pinterest says it's ok so go for it! (Speaking of Pinterest, I just couldn't get into it so after my 42 meager pins I'm saying adios, I really don't have time for another online distraction anyways!)

P.S. This cute purple ruched number is the skirt from yesterday's post, the one that was determined to flash someone!


{Considering I bought this backpack for $20 at a vintage shop in Toronto, I highly doubt it's real but hey a girl can dream!}

14 comments:

  1. Cute shoe. I'm not in to the pinterest either. I have an account but don't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i checked out tights socks pinterest link, very cute! i see why you wanted to try the look. i don't need another online distraction either. that's why i don't twitter or pinterest. great hot pink with lace blouse emily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Pinterest because I'm a scrapbooker and it's like a digital scrapbook. I tried Facebook, but it's not really my thing. I guess you just have to find what works for you. I get exhausted trying to keep up with social media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the variety in your outfits. it's really interesting to discover where have you found your items, what is thrifted and what isn't. those socks are so cool and I actually just thought I should look for some delicate socks, something like that! ;) the whole look is beautiful!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wearing socks and heels! Although I don't have such cool socks so my outfits don't turn out as awesome as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH I just bought a pink blazer and it's LOVE! It just makes any outfit better.
    http://tmotrials.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. very feminine pretty outfit, I love the lacy details in front. Those socks are too cute, I like the print a lot. I have to try this sock with sandals look. Not sure if it will as cute on me. That spoon necklace is lovely too!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee cute socks!! I don't think I can pull those off though. :P

    Hey, I have a $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway on my blog if you're interested. No catch, I promise! :)

    <3
    Lei

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love a socks with sandals look. For realz! I wish I could wear them to work (dress codes suck) but I do wear them when I go out on errands and such! Love the pair you got on, Emily!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you feel going out in public with the socks with sandals? A few weeks ago I was trying it in the comfort of my bedroom but I needed a bit more courage and a lot warmer weather...I pinned a socks with pumps photo (a random one) to pinterest and it's since become one of most highly repinned photos I've ever put up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep meaning to try pinteresf, but like youvim not really sure where to find the time for it. Your blouse is cute, can't go wrong with lace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Majorly cute. The socks add an unexpected touch of sweetness! And I want a pink blazer so much! I've been hunting them, but none yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I love the pink blazer and ruffled top! And the socks look nice with the sandals - they work because of the print and dressier feel I think! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. emily, i have no words for the socks LOL
    i still love ya!!!
    am i showing my decrepit age here????
    xoxo
    brett

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily