Thursday, May 31, 2012

yellow & turquoise

yellow & turquoise #1:
Skirt, Blouse, Cardigan, Belt & Shoes- Thrifted; Pearl Necklace- Inherited (from my Grandmother); Insect Charm- Stella & Dot; Bracelet- Sears; Ring- High School Graduation Gift; Nail Polish- Coral Pink by Sally Hansen
I've included this yellow skirt in previous 30x30 remixes and you know how they say you wear 30% of your wardrobe, 70% of the time? This skirt is in my top 30%, I wear it all the time, so much so in fact that I wore it two days in a row this week!  I loved the colour combination with the turquoise cardigan and so the only things I changed between the outfits were the shoes, accessories and hairstyles.

Don't mind the bruises (I bruise like a peach, a slight bump and my skin reacts instantly!) & blisters (I'm in dire need of a professional pedicure!)

Digging through my jewellery drawer today I stumbled upon my High School graduation ring which my Dad was reluctant to buy me at the time, knowing that I probably wouldn't wear it once I started University (and he was right, it seems like you're stuck in the past when sporting a high school ring and not in a cool, nostalgic way!) Ah well it matched and I don't think passerbys will be staring close enough to read the 'Auburn Drive H.S. 2006' inscription!


yellow & turquoise #2:
Skirt, Tank, Cardigan, Shoes, Necklace, Purse & Scarf- Thrifted; Ring- Fashion Museum of Bath, UK; Earrings- Joe Fresh; Finger Nail Polish- Pink a Boo by Essie & Gold Digger by Aldo; Toe Nail Polish- e-nuf is e-nuf by Essie



Linking up to Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month Challenge (yellow)




And here you catch a rare glimpse of my mascara application mirror face (Have you ever tried applying mascara without opening your mouth? It's challenging!)

16 comments:

  1. I have just lately been noticing the weird faces I make putting on makeup...since my newlywed stands next to me and points it out :) Love your blue/yellow combination, those colours are total perfection together!!! And that little bug shaped pendant needs to come to my closet!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i honestly need to work my closet more - i have so much "stuff" and i never get to see what i have b/c it's SO jammed pack and my draws are just busting out - i need a GOOOOOD purge day (next rainy day i think i will go through it all)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have my go-to items in my closet that get a lot of wear too. But I love that this yellow skirt is one of yours, because it's beautiful! And I love with paired with the turquoise. Super pretty!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both looks are fantastic. Love your cute bun. BUN, I said. Phew. Anyway, you look gorgeous. Love the mirror face.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this combo and you know i am not big on the color yellow
    this cardi is the perfect mint/turquoise green
    ha ha, i will have to check myself in the am to see if open my mouth
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I love all the yellow and turquoise! I love the colour combination, especially in the first outfit! Such a great summer look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, I love both outfits!!! I never got a high school ring since my parents thought it was a waste, especially because they are so expensive! I love hwo you've incorporated it with your outfit!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the turquoise & yellow combo! great silver belt & sandals accents. that floral scarf is a keeper. i bruise super easy too. what about those graduation tassels hanging from rear view mirrors? i remember a friend or two in high school making fun of me for having my mouth hanging open while applying mascara. yeah, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also bruise easy and I need a pedicure too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love both looks! and yes, my mascara face is not pretty! i love the scarf tied to your bag. what a pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I had a high school ring that I never wore either. Oh well! I love blue and yellow together (like the sky and sun). You hair has been looking very pretty and polished lately. Mine is *almost* long enough for a bun.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the turquoise and yellow together--what a pretty combination! I'm the same way about bruising--it doesn't take much and all of a sudden I'm black and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your outfit as usual! But what I most loved was the silver sandals, plus the ring your father bought AND that amazing necklace pendant!!!!!
    I bruise like you, too, but you know what, if you hadn't mentioned the bruises I wouldn't have noticed! I had to go back to the picture to see them!
    Ah, mascara... some years ago I read a magazine where a German actor posed the following question "Dear xyz (the column), why do women apply mascara with open mouths?" I thought about that too, because I must be the only one doing it with closed mouth! Why, I don't know!
    Ah, I wrote a post about vegetarianism, I mean, I discovered something non-vegetarian in yoghurts... and I thought of sharing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love #2!!! That is totally something I would wear.
    And LOL at the bruises + blisters remark. I always get blisters from running and hope people just forgive them in my photos :)
    Thanks for linking up so I could find your site!
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the combination of turquoise and (mustard) yellow together. Sadly I don't have much of either colour in my closet. The pencil skirt is great, I lol'd at your description of walking in one from the first 1st (red skirt) post!!

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily