Monday, August 5, 2013

country crush



If you've been following my Instagram posts recently, you'll know that I've spent the past couple of weeks in Nova Scotia with my Mum & Step-Dad (and now I'm in Prince Edward Island with my Dad and sister).  The original reason I had booked my flight to the Maritimes was to embark on a new business venture called Country Crush.  As I met my partner speed dating (3+ years, 2 cats and 1 house ago), I wanted to introduce the concept to the Nova Scotian countryside.  

Unfortunately being a small town where gossip spreads like wildfire and you're bound to be someone's cousin twice removed, the idea was originally greeted with enthusiasm but didn't pan out in the end.  However, it all worked out for the best because after my recent health scare, I needed those 2 weeks to relax in a hammock, play Scrabble, catch up on my sleep and spend quality time with loved ones. 

My partner and I took some fun photos for marketing Country Crush and I wanted to show you some of my favourites.









Have you ever had an idea that didn't work out as planned? You never know until you try!

12 comments:

  1. Love that second last pictures! So sweet! Too bad that plans don't always go as, well, planned, but there is always a bigger plan at hand... glad you had a chance to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what pretty photos! This looks like a magazine photoshoot.

    Glad you're enjoying visiting family. I love the part of the country where they live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is just darling! The pictures turned out great too! Sorry things didn't quite work out as you'd planned, but the relaxing time doesn't sound all bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your business didn't work out. Are you scrapping the idea entirely? I've had plenty of ideas that didn't work out in the end. But I learn from my failures so I can do better in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I don't even remember... I guess if I even had it then it wasn't big enough to stay in my mind. but I really enjoyed seeing all those photos and you match perfectly with the countryside backdrop. and of course I'm glad things are better with your health now.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but 'A+' for effort! And seeing how things have worked out in your own relationship, they're the ones missing out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yea, my friend and I were in the throws of starting a business when we finally decided our friendship was more important than the business.
    Have enjoyed all of your NS Instagram pics
    Hope you are feeling better now!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great business venture! wishing you all the best with Country Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your dress and your pictures, as usual! I only heard of speed dating, and never knew it really worked! Very nice! And yes, small places tend to have loads of gossip! Nice that you were with your family! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how cute are these photos. I definitely can see the lovely country inspiration. Hope you enjoy your week. /Madison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. emily, hooray for traveling. you look sweet, and that heart is a delight. i've had plenty of ideas that didn't work as planned. trying is how i find out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so freaking cute. By your IG photo's It looks like you had a great time at your moms and dads house

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily